Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Third Day....

Our Focused Free-writing topic: 

If you could go back in time and do one thing differently, what would it be?  Explain.   

     This focused free-write topic is usually a topic I enjoy reading.  I enjoy reading what my students have to say.  It is something to start reading about other people's lives.  I find it interesting, and for some reason it aids in getting to know the person more, to be more comfortable with them, and how they think.  As the students were writing thoughts of what they were writing around bounced around the walls of the classroom.  I saw many of them really concentrating on what they were writing about, and I urged them when they were finished with the activity to just try and write freely.
   
     Afterwards, we went over the three things to start thinking about before or when they begin writing.
  • Subject
  • Purpose 
  • Audience 
Then we went over the basic structure of a five paragraph essay.  Introduction, Body, Conclusion.  I also asked the students to write at least five topics they are thinking about writing about this semester.  They do not necessarily need to stick to that topic.  I can't wait to read what my students have to say.





1 comment: